JJH Talent Recruitment, are excited to be working closely with this global business, who are currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer/Account Manager who has worked closely with High Street Retailers & Brands
With many years’ experience behind them, our client is multinational, and they are continuing to grow, even in these difficult times.
To manage and develop the business sales and profitability budgets through the initiation and development of new product ranges to meet the commercial requirements of our customer
- To ensure the constant development of new product ranges which gives continuity to the business requirements and satisfies the customer needs.
- To be aware at all times of the customer's overall business requirements and plans to maximise any opportunities to gain further business
- To control and manage costs in line with agreed budget levels. To manage travel, samples and sample freight costs within the agreed budget and to identify opportunities to improve values and generate cost savings throughout the development process
- Evaluate and interpret market trends, initiate and drive new material and component development in line with the market direction
- To negotiate the cost and selling prices of each product in line with agreed targets. Create costings and progress to final approval
- To monitor and ensure that the costs of operating the Product Team Design functions are controlled within the budgeted expenditure levels
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, being the first point of contact in all client dealings
- Assume general responsibility for all account activity and qualitative/timely delivery of agreed assignment
- Effectively communicate with all relevant personnel involved with client account, ensuring all job related documentation is filed, and updated accordingly
- Compile and contribute to the development of effective, and stimulating design briefs, assuming full responsibility for the accuracy of the detail
- Possess a thorough knowledge of basic design principles, and B2B or B2C service level processes
- Effectively manage conflict or disagreements with confidence, ensuring expectations are managed and relationships are solidified
- Ensure compliance of all product related activity with relevant regulatory bodies e.g, H&S
- Attend Company, team and project related meetings to enhance understanding, business knowledge and involvement
- Nurture develop train and mentors all new employees to gain the competence required to undertake a variety of tasks within the team and beyond
- Maintain a high level of compliance working within the Company procedural framework on all related matters i.e VAT and Customs control
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in accordance with Company H&S Procedures
- Contribute to the success of the business by promoting an atmosphere of trust, fairness, cooperation, and team work
- Support all teams by sharing your technical expertise, with the aim of gaining a competitive advantage for the business
- Act as an ambassador for the business at all times.
- Follow up of critical path from all sourcing countries
Account Manager - Person Specification
- Strong Fashion background gained from within a similar environment
- Ability to demonstrate the strength confidence agility and determination in assuming control of all related projects from the outset
- Ability to think laterally and quickly, ensuring the process is managed and delivered on time with the right first time approach
- Possess demonstrable organisation and time management skills
- Display a positive mental attitude, always can do.
- Ability to work in a team or on own
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
- Dexterous and agile,
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Patience passion and a willingness to impart knowledge on others.
This is a great opportunity for a Buyer who wishes to utilize their experience within a different role and environment – The position is also open to existing Account Managers.
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted