Buyer (garden and leisure)
Our client is a leading multi-channel retailer who sells a broad range of merchandise. They have an exciting opportunity for a buyer to source and develop relevant merchandise across their garden and leisure department.
- Deliver budgeted gross and net sales and margin
- Creation and maintenance of category and sub category range plans
- Source and purchase merchandise to meet customer needs in terms of choice, price and innovation
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and changing customer requirements for all products/services within the category.
- Introduce new suppliers with signed T’s & C’s and supplier manuals.
- Negotiate terms, rebates, flexipay contributions and all product pricing
- Work with QA and the senior buyer to ensure new product development plan is in place to deliver customer and business requirements.
- Management and development of Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buying Assistants
- Undertake visits as and when required i.e. trade shows & supplier visits
- Work with logistics to ensure quickest possible delivery times
- On a weekly basis, view the returns report provided by QA to monitor and react appropriately.
- Graduate Calibre or equivalent.
- Buying experience with a ‘blue chip’ retailer covering a product area that’s relevant/comparable to garden and leisure.
- In depth knowledge of contract negotiations and experience of trading complexities associated with branded merchandise.
- Identify issues and develop solutions in order to meet sales, profit and budgetary targets.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Resilient, organised and efficient
Commensurate with experience