Working for the UK’s biggest manufacturers and global suppliers of eco friendly cloth babycare products, you will have a proven background in Category Business/Sales Management. Your role to manage, develop and grow existing and new accounts targeting Grocery Retail & Pharmacy sector.
Based remotely, with easy access to the M1 corridor and to attend Head Office in Glasgow.
Category Business Manager – The Job Outline
- Planning & delivery of all commercial targets / KPI’s (e.g. Sales, Margin, Costs, Market Share, New Business)
- Develop close working relationships at all levels with each trade customer within assigned region and designated key account portfolio through a commercial, consultative, business to business approach
- Identify business opportunities and trade marketing activity to increase on-line and in-store brand awareness, brand visibility and in turn drive greater levels of sell-in and sell-through performances
- Negotiate, plan and deliver the successful execution of the sales, marketing, trade marketing, promotional and educational plan with each trade customer within defined portfolio
- Collate consistent and accurate data and statistics working with the Finance and Operations contacts and the wider teams internally and externally to ensure efficient and accurate processes are in place
- Prepare reports, presentations, management information, reporting and correspondence on a regular basis
Category Business Manager – The Person Specification
- Proven track record in Business Development/ Sales Management or Category Management – minimum of 5 years. Ideally from a FMCG background with fashion/textiles.
- Experience working with brands supplying UK Grocery Retail e.g. Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys and UK Pharmacy key accounts e.g. Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds, H&B
- Skilled negotiator with internal/external stakeholders
- A broad commercial understanding of financial, brand, trade marketing, visual merchandising & operations across all trade channels and methods of distribution
- Must be data driven, highly numerate with strong analytical and data mining skills
- Experience of creating reports, managing and interpreting data and providing analysis and commentary to draw out key issues, trends and solutions
- Persuasive and influential, with strong customer relationship management and networking skills
- A Brand Ambassador and to share business goals and values.
- High levels of presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Consistently demonstrates drive, energy and resilience to work in an agile trading environment. Sales driven, commercially aware of the fashion market and relevant trends
- Highly resilient, tenacious, outcome focussed and results oriented
- Essential to have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient with all MS applications
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national and international travel e.g. European Trade Shows
- Full clean driving licence