Job Title: Certification Officer - Processor
Reports to: Certification Manager - Processor
Purpose of the role
To carry out the certification and account management for a portfolio of organic textiles and food businesses
To build on and maintain relationships with your own portfolio of licensees as well as with potential customers.
To communicate effectively with other certification teams where business opportunities arise.
Key results area
- Ensure our licensees’ adherence to all relevant organic regulations and Soil Association standards.
- Ensure all work is carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with our target response times.
- Ensure certification is carried out in a timely manner, accurately and with the right tone.
- Ensure all certification data is handled confidentially.
- Deliver clear, accurate and consistent communication across our organisation and externally.
- Support the organisation at shows and events to develop new business opportunities.
- Development of specific sectors (organic food, catering, organic health and beauty or textiles)
Knowledge and experience Essential
- Educated to degree level in textile or clothing disciplines, or
- 3 year’s professional experience in textiles industry, or
- 2 years experience in inspection and certification of textiles businesses
- Substantial administrative and/or customer service experience; one year minimum.
- Practical experience in the organic industry
- Experience of working with the organic standards.
- Working with a CRM system
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer care skills.
- Computer literate.
A good team player: assist colleagues unprompted; share information and ideas
Take ownership of tasks and pride in completing them accurately, efficiently and on time
Build and maintain positive working relationships with others
Flexible and able to respond to changing priorities
Open and honest; positive and enthusiastic; showing empathy and consideration; self-awareness
Empathy with the aims and objectives of the Soil Association
Measures of good performance
Excellent customer service delivered
All work carried out in adherence to relevant organic regulations and Soil
Association policies and procedures.
Positive working relationships with colleagues
All tasks completed on time
Improved opportunities for interaction with licensees and potential new business.
Document control: JDSACERT0016, Version 1
Date: October 2017