Our client is a leading brand that are thriving in today's market, they are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) for their World Class Manufacturing Denim Bottom plant located at Dhaka, Bangladesh. This 500,000 Sq ft plant is producing 100,000 garments a day, the ideal candidate will have experience of managing a large plant as a COO or equivalent for at least 5 years and reports into the Senior Director. The job involves leading and coordinating on daily basis activities of high performing teams from Production, Technical, Quality, Washing and Industrial Engineering. The right candidate must be a good planner and have the ability to ensure effective capacity utilization by working closely with the Marketing & Raw Material Supply teams headquartered at Hong Kong.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Strategize the complete process flow of manufacturing operations from Cut to Pack to ensure right quality and timely delivery.
- Ability to plan and forecast requirements for new styles and ensure all resources are aligned.
- Coordinate with Merchandising team to ensure timely feed to the production lines.
- Daily analysis of production, efficiency, quality and other plant reports and provide direction teams consisting of staff from Production, Washing, Maintenance, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Technical, Merchandising and Planning.
- Implementing right systems to ensure smooth functioning of the unit.
- Interaction with Corporate Office on daily /weekly and monthly monitoring reports and on critical production related issues
- Work closely with the Planning Department and coordinate for the machinery requirements.
- Ensure factory meets the compliance as per technical, social and health standards.
- Excellent analytical skills
- The candidate should possess strong leadership skills
- Eye for detail
- good working knowledge of Quality
- Previous exposure to international quality systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead by example is highly desirable
- Should be detail oriented
- Understand every stage of garment manufacturing from patterns to final shipment
- Carry a strategic approach to problem solving to