I am working with a spirited, colourful, stylish lifestyle Brand with ambitious plans, who are currently experiencing exponential growth across all channels and are looking for a Children's Garment and Design Technologist to work on multiproduct across RTW on Boys, Girls, baby and tween, within a young dynamic team. This role is key to the design, development and production team, and is pivotal in supporting and translating the co-founders creative vision into reality. In this role you will work closely with the co-founders daily and report into the Managing Director. In this role you will cover the entire process from Initial Design/Samples to Pre-Production stage, Production Specs and Supplier factory liaison and queries.
• Ready to wear Product Development: Girls / Boys / Baby Girl / Baby Boy, Tween
• All RTW Tech Specs; create and implement with relevant Suppliers. Sending updates and comments after fittings as required.
• Grading and Fitting
• Manage the fit and seal process through from development samples to bulk shipment, monitoring the samples at each stage and ensuring comments are understood and followed through correctly
• Working with factories and raising all grading specifications.
• Production & QC Checking
• Safety Requirements: enforce current standards and research for future improvements.
• Maintaining mood and presentation boards, updating Range Plans, filing/labelling, organizing couriers and other general administration duties.
• Update the CAD drawings for the collection ensuring they are accurate to garment construction methods, experienced in using a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is essential.
• Liaise with factory and 3rd party QC resource on production inspection pre-shipment.
• Daily communication with factories, working closely with them to ensure that all fit and quality standards are maintained.
• Collating design research in preparation for design meetings.
• Product Research; comp. shop visits for swim / techniques / trims
• General day to day administration and keeping the studio and fabric/ trims storeroom tidy and organised.
• Make regular updates to Range Plans and other design documents ensuring accuracy.
• Follow critical path and manage own tasks within CP timelines
• Following the Critical Path Timeline, ensure RTW Factories keep on target achieving all Deadline Dates
The Ideal Candidate:
• Relevant course of study
• Relevant industry experience – min 1 year
• Technical understanding of fabric and garment construction in Jersey and Woven’s
• Pattern cutting a useful skill
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi¬task and work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
• Confident in using Microsoft word / Excel
• Confident use of CAD
• Proficient in Adobe suite including Photoshop and illustrator
So if you're a garment technologist looking for an amazing new role within an expanding business, then please apply asap