Our client is a Brand of young fashion and childrenswear. They have an exciting opportunity for a Childrenswear Garment Technologist to join their company.
Childrenswear Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Set Quality Standard for garments across the range and work with the hubs/factories to ensure standards are delivered.
- Work with the hubs/suppliers to agree method of make, and fit.
- Work with Design and Buying teams to ensure Quality Standards are in place and met.
- Work with Buyer on fit and style detail on all new designs.
- Work alongside hubs to ensure that Quality Standards are in place before start of production.
- Monitor returns and undertake garment risk analysis.
- Responsible for organising samples for fit sessions and ensure that the communication of any fit comments and sample amendments from all sample review meetings to hubs and factories in a clear, concise, and timely manner working to the critical path.
- Work with the hubs to ensure production specs are up to date.
Childrenswear Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Fashion Technology related degree and/or minimum of 2 years’ experience at a Garment Technologist level within fashion retail or fashion manufacturing.
- Must have childrenswear experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CorelDraw would be desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of grading, fitting and pattern adjustments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fabric testing and wearer trial systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of garment construction and quality standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety aspects and children’s garment safety standards.
- Pattern Cutting skills would be desirable.
- Driving License and own transport is essential.
Childrenswear Garment Technologist - The Package:
- depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.