Commercial Director - Sustainable Fashion/Lifestyle Brand
£100,000-£125,000 Basic (depending on experience) + bonus + benefits
US market expertise is essential for this position
This role is based in the London Head office 5 days per week . Some international travel will be required, particular to the US, which is a huge growth market for the brand.
In this exciting role, you will develop, build and drive the strategy and sales across omni-channel, increasing brand visibility and maintaining the brand positioning of this successful sustainable luxury Fashion/Lifestyle brand. This is an exciting role, for someone passionate about working for a sustainable brand with strong values and with an exceptional business culture. Driving the sustainability agenda, you will maintain up to date knowledge regarding sustainability and make all decisions through a sustainability lens.
You will work closely with the Managing Director to expand the business internationally, opening new territories in retail, wholesale & maximising sales across Ecommerce. Initially there will be a focus on expansion into the US market, therefore proven expertise in the US Market is essential.
This Commercial Director position drives growth of an already hugely successful brand that is now moving into a new phase of expansion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Leading Commercial functions: Wholesale Dept, eCommerce and Retail teams internationally
New Business Strategy:
A market expert, identify the largest opportunities for growth and feed back any concerns and barriers to progress with actions to mitigate these:
- Drive brand awareness and customer acquisition strategies to expose and grow the brand to new customer bases through all acquisition channels (digital/ physical/ partnerships/ collabs/ marketing).
- Understand the differing landscapes and customer types and their needs within the UK, United States and target growth areas.
US Growth, Leadership & Development:
- Flexible to travel to the US frequently to drive growth and development of the brand in this high potential market.
- Travel to US predicted to be circa ¼ year.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing brand across sales channels, and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Assists in the development of the sales plan. Prepares forecasts and KPI reporting for the business, for use in planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Working with Merchandising to ensure range needs by market, capsules, exclusives or collaborations are captured.
- P&L responsible.
- Creating sales plans for new products/categories to ensure successful launches.
- Define, shape and implement the end-to-end strategy for e-Commerce with the e-Commerce Dept
- Drive strategic customer acquisition and retention across SEO, PPC, Social Media, CRM and Email.
- Responsible for on-line customer journey to elevate it to best in class.
- Proactively identify opportunities to drive incremental sales.
- Drive sales and bricks & mortar strategy for the brand.
- Identify locations where the brand could open stores and work with the leadership team to open new destination stores
- Identifying locations where Concessions could be feasible, then driving strategies on how to achieve this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years experience in international premium or luxury sales in an overarching Senior Leadership role, driving commercial growth and sales.
- Proven experience of growing a premium or luxury business at pace.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the wholesale landscape and strong relationships at a senior level with key international contacts.
- Good understanding of global logistics to support strategic sales.
- Keen leaning towards product and merchant capabilities
- Both hands-on and strategic
- Proven eCommerce experience with a wide knowledge of best practice in driving online sales for a premium or luxury brand
- Previous experience managing P&L, budgeting, reporting and forecasting
- Experience leading and developing a successful commercial team
- A proven track record of achieving results and growth
- Experience working for a high growth SME as well as an established brand is ideal
- Huge appetite for a high growth and a passion for working with a sustainable brand
Please send your CV to us and if you could be right for this exciting role, we will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further with you, in confidence.
You must have the right to reside and work in the UK.