Our client is an award winning brand, who design and manufacture eco friendly cloth babycare & hygiene products, recruiting for a Commercial Manager. You have a proven background in Commercial/Sales Management and a record of achieving sales targets, and the ability to build and create new business with an emphasis on brand building.
To manage, develop and grow current and new brick-based & digital trade key account customer through business to business, consultative and commercial approach. To deliver marketing, sales, distribution and profit targets within defined KPIs and within assigned customer portfolio.
A knowledge of the Grocery Retail (Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury) & Pharmacy sector is essential to look at all trade opportunities.
Based remotely, with easy access to the M1 corridor and to attend Head Office in Glasgow.
Commercial Manager – The Job Outline
- Planning & delivery of all Brand, Marketing and Sales targets / KPI’s (e.g. Sales, Margin, Costs, Market Share, New Business), awareness and addvocacy
- Develop close working relationships at all levels with each trade customer within assigned region and designated key account portfolio through a commercial, consultative, business to business approach
- Develop new and existing relationships & partnerships and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Identify business opportunities and trade marketing activity to increase on-line and in-store brand awareness, brand visibility and in turn drive greater levels of sell-in and sell-through performances
- Negotiate, plan and deliver the successful execution of the sales, marketing, trade marketing, promotional and educational plan with each trade customer within defined portfolio
- Identify, plan, prospect and deliver new business opportunities
- Collate consistent and accurate data and statistics working with the Finance and Operations contacts and the wider teams internally and externally to ensure efficient and accurate processes are in place
- Prepare reports, presentations, management information, reporting and correspondence on a regular basis
Commercial Manager – The Person Specification
- Proven track record in Business Development/ Sales Management or Category Management – minimum of 5 years. Ideally from a FMCG background with fashion/textiles.
- Experience working with brands supplying UK Grocery Retail e.g. Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys and UK Pharmacy key accounts e.g. Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds, H&B
- Proven account management and new business experience, specifically negotiating with senior stakeholders within key accounts and working closely with buyers and trading teams
- Must be highly commercial and have a breadth of commercial, financial, brand, trade marketing, visual merchandising & operations understanding across all trade channels and methods of distribution
- Must be data driven, highly numerate with strong analytical and data mining skills
- Experience of creating reports, managing and interpreting data and providing analysis and commentary to draw out key issues, trends and solutions
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive combined with a strong customer focus
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with teams at all levels and across multiple functions
- Highly organised, self-motivated and professional
- Resilient, tenacious, outcome focussed and results oriented
- Demonstrates good networking, relationship building and influencing skills (internally and externally)
- Essential to have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient with all MS applications
- Base remotely with easy access to the M1 corridor and to Glasgow, you’ll have the ability to travel frequently and work at other sites as required
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national and international travel e.g. European Trade Shows
- Full clean driving licence
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11850AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest