A large retail business is seeking a Data Scientist to join their growing Tech team. Key responsibility is to automate Marketing operations, applying business understanding of the customers to improve the way it communicates with them across multiple channels and provide a personalised marketing experience. Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist of the Marketing Data Science team, you'll be part of a small team. You will have scope to define your project and choose the technique to use for the task at hand (including Deep Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems, Reinforcement Learning). You will work with large volumes of data, in Python running on Kubernetes in Google Cloud. You will stay on top of recent industry developments to maintain cutting edge.
The objective is to bring the 'future of retail to the present"! This means augmented reality, touch and feel technology, fully personalised shopping experience, enhanced user experience and so much more. In order to achieve these the team needs to achieve excellence in understanding buying behaviour and product trends.
As a Data Scientist your key role will be to:
- Develop ML algorithms, focusing in particular on customer behavioural models and models to improve the operations of Marketing channels;
- Work together with the engineering team to bring to production and integrate ML algorithms into our backend or connect them to third-party tools;
- Support experimentation to measure the impact of our models;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
The ideal candidate
- Degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline;
- Experience in a Machine Learning or Data Science role (exposure to Marketing or Loyalty problems is a bonus)
- Experience in Python software development (production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control) and familiar with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PyMC3, or PyStan)
What to expect
In addition to an attractive salary,
- Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Hackathons and other tech/product events
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Flexible working environment and more!