We are excited to be exclusively working on the position for a Design Director.
Established over 25 years ago, our client is a global leading multi-product clothing business, with development and production facilities in various locations around the world.
It to join one of the most successful suppliers in the market. This company boasts being one of the UK’s largest importers of multi product items, including ladieswear, menswear and accessories.
The key part of this role is to manage the design team on the design and development of products in line with customer requirements and relevant trends and ensure the designers are trend aware and can initiate and develop exciting product collections built on both existing and new range platforms.
You will also be responsible for implementing and driving business strategy using key client relationship management with existing and new business clients for the development of the fashion market
This role requires someone who has substantial supplier background experience
- To ensure the constant development of new product ranges that gives continuity to the business requirements and satisfies the customer’s needs
- To plan and execute professionally required sales presentation’s to the customer communicating clearly the trends and commercial key factors of the product offer and the benefits of the business.
- Awareness of market trends and opportunities instigating follow up product development to effect the development of further business opportunities which are suited to the Company’s areas of production expertise
- To build and maintain direct and commercially effective relationships with the principal decision takers within all customers/accounts and to work with them to identify and implement initiatives which will increase their level of business with our company.
- Support and manage your team of designer
- Evaluate and interpret market trends, initiate and drive new material and component development in line with the market direction.
- To develop and train employees in an effective and professional manner towards the achievement of their job satisfaction performance criteria’s.
- Create and develop long term business relationships with existing and potential clients in order to maximize growth and revenue potential
- Undertake the growth of existing clients in line with corporate strategy and direction by proactively proposing solutions to existing clients, through identifying gaps in market place & through clear understanding of the clients promotional plans and undertaking research for new proposals
Management experience In a similar environment and product area
Previous Exposure: Product Design and customer relationships
Proficient in all Microsoft packages, and photoshop/illustrator
CV’s can only be accepted with examples of work (as requested by our client)
This role will be based in their Covid safe office
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted