Can you help drive forward one of the most exciting outdoor companies around?
Combining years of experience with the latest technologies and fabrics, we are proud to create ground-breaking products that revolutionise the way people dress in the mountains. Always embracing innovation, our clothing and equipment shows a deep understanding of the environment our products are worn in and an evident passion for the outdoors.
Reporting to the Rab Brand Director, we have an exciting opportunity for a Design Lead to head up the Rab Design Team in the delivery of innovative, functional, attractive and commercial products that deliver seasonal product ranges that fulfil the company’s strategic aims.
- Lead the Rab Design Team in designing innovative, functional, attractive and commercial products
- To be fully engaged in the complete design process, from origination of design concepts and briefs, including working on given briefs, to support of all range planning activities, through prototyping to sales samples and review
- Steer the seasonal colour palette and ensure commercial viability and cross merchandising is viable and effective
- To keep up to date with, and conduct targeted research into the market and usage via media, trade shows, retail visits, own wear and athlete liaison
- To use extensive and detailed knowledge of performance fabrics and technologies to contribute to materials innovation and selection
- To produce product specifications in the detail required to realise the garment successfully and within cost, working closely with Development Teams
- Liaise with and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose
To join us you must have:
- Relevant Design qualification(s)
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office
- Previous experience of liaising with and visiting factories in Asia
- Previous experience in a similar role with relevant brands
- A passion for the outdoors and the desire to continually update your knowledge of the latest technologies and innovations within the industry
- Commercial understanding of colour merchandising and range building
- Extensive knowledge and experience of performance fabrics, technologies, fit requirements and garment construction
- Experience of leading and developing an engaged and motivated team.
What we can offer you in return:
A competitive salary, company bonus scheme, pension and life assurance, flexible working schemes and an early finish on Fridays. We operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment and dress code but we work hard to get the job done. We have modern office facilities and free on-site parking.
Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd based in Alfreton, Derbyshire specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world. Equip Outdoor Technologies own and operate two leading aspirational outdoor brands Rab and Lowe Alpine. For further information on Equip please visit our website at www.equipuk.com
Closing date is 31st July 2020
For general enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies please.