Our client is a well-established supplier of trend led knitwear and jerseywear to the high street. They are looking for a design manager who is on the ball with latest trends, to oversee a team of eight that cover knitwear and jerseywear development.
A strong commercial background in knitwear design is required for this position that will be based in their Midlands office, five days a week.
- Constantly researching, designing and developing innovative, commercial, women’s fashion.
- Creating bestselling ranges, leading by example and giving direction and guidance to your team.
- Attend regular meetings with customers, identifying new business opportunities with existing and new customers
- Responsible for overseeing a team of 8 across design, account management, garment tech and wholesale merchandisers, as well as being hands-on with design.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Sourcing of fabrics and trims
You will have :
- A strong, commercial design experience of knitwear essential
- Previous experience of working for a supplier would be beneficial
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Some management experience is required
- Strong presentation, communication, prioritisation and organisational skills are required
- A driving license is required.