Design Manager - Athleisure and Sportswear
Our client is a global buying house of apparel and accessories from Asia selling to retailers and brands in the U.S and Europe. Due to strong growth they are now seeking a Design Manager to lead and nurture their athleisure and sportswear design team. This is an expat position based in Bangladesh, responsible for managing a team of nearly 20 designers.
Purpose of the Role:
- Lead the design team for athleisure and sportswear products to generate cohesive stories and themes.
- To ensure the most effective use of talent to create competitive advantage from concept through to delivery.
- To ensure the development of commercial product ranges for customers
Leadership & Teams
- Be the creative leader and partner to all stakeholders
- Set and guide creative direction for the categories including putting together option plan
- Lead, train, hire, motivate design team to deliver high quality, customer focused design work
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and teams
Strategy & Development
- Lead and implement the creative strategy across the various product areas in line with consumer preferences and overall business plan
- Provide direction on seasonal requirements on fabrics, trims etc
- Strategically partner with other business units (merchandising, production, development, sourcing)
- Keep abreast of customer preferences, changes in style and trends to remain competitive in the market
Operation & Results
- Coordinate and optimise the use of design resources
- Allocate and distribute projects and workload across design teams
- Set design goals and articulate business metrics, and motivate teams to deliver results
- Ensure consistently high quality of design work
- Be aware of market trends across the major markets and business units
- Ensure that the design teams provide trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales
- Set, manage and monitor the design team budget
Design Manager: The Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a Senior Designer/Design manager with strong athleisure/sportswear experience gained with a supplier/brand/retailer in the UK or Europe.
You will have a global creative view and be able to translate all that into ideas for the team
You will be a leader with strong management experience. We are quite happy to consider senior designers who have management skills and are ready to step up to lead a bigger team.
While you are a Design Manager and you will be setting the creative strategy for your team, however you will be a designer at heart and be prepared to become hands on if needed.
You will be willing to relocate and live and work as an expat in Bangladesh
$4000-5000 / month (net of tax) plus expat benefits including housing, insurances, family flights, family visas, car plus driver, family membership at expat club, family repatriation at the end of contract.