We currently have a fantastic opening for a Design Manager to manage the Women's Denim department for our well known client, a highly successful, large supplier to all major US and UK retailers; based in their astounding Hong Kong office.
As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the department and projects from initial design concept through to sealing sample stage following through the critical path, as well as building and maintaining close customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in Design and Product Development for Women's Denim wear with an excellent understanding of wash and laundry technics. You should also have sound experience in Market/trend Research and demonstrate the ability to coordinate with Design Teams of major retailers they supply to.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working within the main design team for the company in based in Hong Kong:
- Working alongside the other Fashion Designers, Fabric Specialists, Print, Textile & Graphic artists and Trend Forecasters,
- Required to produce inspiration ideas and market intelligence to clients
- Managing the Women's Denim department
- Manage the department to produce a line across each season and other ad-hoc projects
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Liaising with the Design Teams of the major retailers the company supplies to
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or Product Development, with several years' relevant experience in Design & PD for Women's Casual Bottoms
- Exposure and experience working with the US or EU markets
- Ideally having worked with main high street retailers across the UK, EU and USA
- Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
- Strong organisation and communication skills - ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve key company objectives
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial ranges appropriate for specific customers requirements
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
- General to advanced understanding of garment structure and specs
- Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS office applications
- Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking
£80000 - £95000 per annum
020 7433 2540