Head of Design
In these strange times, this is an exciting new opportunity within a new brand! Our client is looking to launch a new brand focusing on swimwear, loungewear, activewear and skiwear within the mid market segment. The brand DNA will be fashion focussed and across menswear, womenswear and kidswear.
The first step is to create a design function that will develop the brand and the collection across these categories (swimwear, loungewear, activewear, skiwear).
This Head of Design will be primarily responsible to provide creative direction. The ideal candidate will be someone with international or European experience within a mid market brand with experience across multi product areas.
Head of Design: The role:
- Be the creative leader and partner to all stakeholders
- Lead and implement the creative strategy across the various product areas
- The role is quite operational; you will be hands on with design, trends, delivering on design options etc.
- Be responsible for the budget
- Achieve full price sell through, deliver margins as per business goals
- Lead, train, hire, motivate design team to deliver high quality, customer focused design work
- Provide direction on seasonal requirements on fabrics, trims etc
- Maximise the use of resources to deliver best results
- Identify future trends in the mid to premium segment for your category
Head of Design: The person:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background within swimwear/loungewear/activewear/skiwear ideally within brands.
- You will have creative vision and be able to take on a new challenge of actually building a brand from scratch.
- You will be a strong and commercial personality with vision to drive the creative strategy
- You will be highly aware of the market, trends and competition
- You will be global in your attitude and be able to look at different markets (UK, USA, Europe) and influence the range building accordingly
- You will be technically sound and have the relevant CAD/illustrator skills.
This is a crucial appointment, and is aimed at attracting someone with strong design and leadership skills.
Only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK will be considered