Our client is a family owned, Licensed Garment supplier to the high street and they have a fantastic opportunity for an Ethical and Compliance Officer to join them. The company supply a range of products to high street retailers and supermarkets.
Ethical and Compliance Officer - The Role:
- Working with factories to ensure they have or obtain all required certification.
- Working with fabric mills managing certification of specific fabrics, checking traceability and validation of all paperwork.
- Forming close relationships with both suppliers and customers.
- Observe all Company Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Harassment, Disciplinary and ICT Security.
- To understand and work with the in-house systems – to help improve any of the procedures.
- Support the business with the ethical compliance programme for the group, undertaking investigations into potential ethical compliance issues.
- Manage the customer specific requirements from the compliance point of view and attend regular meetings.
- Great understanding of ethical audit programs (ETI, SMETA, BSCI, WALMART).
- Knowledge of sustainability programs: GOTS, BCI, Higg Index etc.
- Work throughout the organisation to ensure the company is at the forefront of ethical trade both for the business and its suppliers
- Monitor the supply base through pro-active management of our audit programme & drive improvement through ongoing work with suppliers and with the support of the in-country teams.
- To maintain customer relationships and resolve any issues that arise which involve audits.
- Conduct factory visits/ audits.
Ethical and Compliance Officer - The Candidate:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of factory auditing processes
- Excellent planning / prioritising/organising skills
- Can work on own initiative
- Meticulous/pays attention to detail
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- Full Clean driving licence
Ethical and Compliance Officer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.