This is an opportunity to manage factory compliance, audits and approvals for a successful supplier of licensed fashion to the high street. This will be a maternity cover contract for approximately 12 months, on the outskirts of Manchester.
- Manage the factory audit process ensuring that all necessary paperwork is in place.
- Ensuring that metal procedures are in place with documentation of procedures being spot checked regularly by the in-country quality teams.
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all legislation relevant to their product.
- Manage compliance budget.
- Support the UK, Bangladesh, China, India and Turkey suppliers on compliance and audits.
- Support the design team on new fabric/print development testing and compliance
- Take the lead role in sustainability for the business.
- To be responsible for reporting health and safety compliance to the Systems Manager
- To maintain customer relationships and resolve any issues that arise which involve audits.
- Observe all company rules, standard operating procedures and company policies, particularly in relation to health and safety, harassment, disciplinary and ICT Security.
- To understand and work with the company systems, to help improve procedures.
- Significant experience in testing / fabric background
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of factory auditing processes
- Excellent planning / prioritising/organising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can build relationships easily
- Meticulous/pays attention to detail
- Can work on own initiative
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- Full Clean driving licence
- Ability to see a full range of colours
- Commensurate with experience