This opportunity looks to recruit an experienced Fabric/Raw Materials Technologist.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the technical development process within a dynamic lingerie and swimwear design environment, ensuring suppliers and materials meet required compliance and performance criteria.
Fabric/Raw Materials Technologist – Lingerie & Swimwear – The Job Outline:
- Assessment of proposed materials.
- Ability to identify and resolve potential problems in end use.
- Ensure materials meet necessary testing criteria.
- Work with design sourcing and developing new materials.
- Understanding of colour process, ability to assess & express colour comments to dyers.
- Compliance management of supply base to Oeko-tex and other certifications as necessary.
- Specifications and technical standards to be established, approved and available to the business.
- Interact with designers & suppliers to facilitate accurate transfer of information.
- Liaise with internal departments and external manufacturing sites managing & improving process.
- Liaise with global production sites supporting with solutions to technical matters.
Fabric/Raw Materials Technologist – Lingerie & Swimwear – The Person Specification:
- Previous experience within the position of Fabric Technologist or similar Raw Materials (min 5years). A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European fabric testing standards and requirements with strong practical skills.
- Applicants should have previous relevant experience working with fabrics & assessing colour
- Knowledge of lingerie, swim, sports or similar product categories would be advantageous.
- Confident in liaising with suppliers and factories regarding technical matters.
- Good computer efficiency MS Office – Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint with clear communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent Upon Experience
0115 922 3335