Our agency has been briefed on an opportunity for a dynamic, experienced and confident Textile Product Developer required for an extremely successful multinational organisation that has particular value on emphasis and trends around textiles and fabrics.
This important position plays a critical part in the development process, delivering fabric trend analysis across all product areas of the business, focusing on the key aspects of innovation and development, delivering their findings as a team to senior management and across the business. The functions include all facets of fabric and textiles, from woven’s and Knitwear through to printing, coating and washing. Structured and textured fabric knowledge equally important.
- To efficiently drive and manage the development of fabric, labels and trim throughout the product creation/development process (this may include travel).
- You will ensure all raw materials are developed on time within the critical path to meet key dates.
- Pro-actively research fabric and trim innovation, and be well informed of new technologies, seasonal trends and competition; relay this information back to the team.
- Develop exclusive and innovative materials.
- Drive fabric sourcing opportunities for strategic short and long-term growth in order to achieve the company turnover and margin targets.
- Build seasonal fabric and trim platforms based on design input.
- Build relationships with global partners and suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and delivery dates effectively and in line with commercial objectives.
- Maintain seasonal colour standards and library.
- Lab dip approval process.
- Fabric and trim testing and approval.
- Control sample budget/mould charges and report on seasonal basis.
- Manage material leverage and consolidation process, ensuring global consistency and cost-price efficiencies.
- Set up and manage NOS programme for key and core materials within the business.
- Liaise with the Product Development and Merchandising department on raw material lead-time, MOQ and shipping.
- Ensure all raw material developed and sourced is fit for purpose and is produced within Hunter’s quality standards.
- Work with the Ethical and Sustainability Departments to ensure 2nd tier sourcing is carried out in-line with Hunter policy.
- Experience in outlining and implementing new processes into the category, department and business to standardise processes and continuously improve ways of working.
- Highly organised to maintain accurate records from initial development through to bulk production stage.
- Clear, effective communication skills to all internal and external parties.
- Strong and experienced fabric knowledge with a minimum 5 years working as a Product Developer and driving fabric selection.
- The ability to translate trends and fashion coherently and effectively by way of presentation.
- Excellent worldwide fabric mill knowledge.
- Knowledge of trade shows and events incorporating worldwide travel.
- Product development experience at a senior level.
- Effective communicator and team player.
- Strong presentation skills using Mood boards.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the competitive fabric marketplace.
- Previous fabric Sourcing and development experience.
- Technical knowledge and proven track record of developing and sourcing highly commercial fabrics.
- Experienced at mood board creation and the ability to deliver information visually with relevant information.
- Textile Degree required.
- Proven experience of photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and Excel.