We are currently looking for an experienced Fabric Sourcing expert ideally with tailoring & coats
experience, who is passionate about fabric and fabric trend. You will be part of a function that is
responsible for delivering outstanding fabric to our Client’s Womenswear department offering value
without compromising style. We are looking for someone to help drive the fabric strategy in this
exciting category. You will work as part of an enthusiastic and fast paced team, delivering
beautiful and contemporary fabric solutions for womenswear.
To put the customer at the centre of the product offer to develop & deliver fabric in a commercial
and profitable way within the range that maximises sales opportunity.
Key responsibilities and measures
• Research, identify, present & deliver with the HO FS key fabric trends for Client’s Collection
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with Buying, Design and Technical teams
driving newness on fabric to deliver the commercial customer benefit in line with the
Design Brief, marketing and innovation priorities.
• Work in collaboration with the Head Office Sourcing Team & the Sourcing Offices
globally to develop appropriate fabric supply routes enabling departments to react to
• Knowledge of regional expertise by fabric and garment type.
• Have a clear understanding of the Client’s customer
• Work with Buying to fully understand historical sales, research thoroughly and act on
market trends, sourcing fabric options globally within price point relating to the customer.
• Proactively agree to take on HO Fabric Sourcing responsibilities where required.
• Understand and take accountability for helping to achieve/exceed margin, whilst driving
fabric newness and quality alongside the fabric techs.
• Take accountability for additional BU and Company projects, such as sustainability
• Influencing fabrics for tendered garment programs.
• Manage and update Fabric Sourcing Library.
• Create and manage clear, detailed Seasonal Fabric Overview
• Efficient running of the Fabric Sourcing and Sampling systems.
• Team travel planning with HO.
• Understanding PLM and optimising systems and processes to deliver in line with critical
• Obtain information to support fabric aggregation with HO.
• Assist the HO with Fabric Planning Forums across all BU’s.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of the competitive fabric marketplace.
• Fabric Sourcing & Development experience
• Technical knowledge and proven track record of developing and sourcing highly
• Experienced at mood board creation and the ability to deliver information visually with
• Ability to commission, design and amend jersey, formal wovens and checks for seasonal
• Proven experience of photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, and Excel