Are you interested in a career as a Fabric Technologist?
This opportunity is open to those with textiles/fabric related degree, or have some industry experience working on fabric development or you may come from a background in testing/commercial laboratories.
You will be part of a busy Fabric Technical team working across multiple projects, and training will be provided.
Fabric Technical Assistant - Key Job Responsibilities
- Taking briefings on development projects and reporting progress on providing sampling to meet agreed timeframes.
- Quality and shade matching of all supplier fabric submissions against group master standards.
- Create & maintain Fabric standards & continuity library, inc liaison of results to manufacturing base.
- Maintain the Fabric log within the department and provide status reporting as necessary.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain costings and development samples.
- Action and follow through lab dips, handlooms and samples requests with suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers managing critical path key dates
- Conduct e-auctions and obtain commercial quotations from time to time.
- Co-ordinate the physical collation of tender response submissions.
- Collate all pertinent information for supplier resource transfers for purchasing team including administer ethical and environmental documentation from all fabric suppliers.
- Administer due diligence checks on fabrics
- Provide other departments with guidance on a range of sourcing issues, ensuring compliance with any relevant legal or statutory requirements.
- Support the delivery of sourcing projects as directed and research new product areas.
Fabric Technical Assistant - Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Ideal applicant will have 12months fabric/textile related industry experience.
- A knowledge/awareness of fabric testing procedures
- Technical knowledge and strong practical skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze a wide range of materials, and fabrics visually and through touch.
- Experienced of maintaining fabric standards to commercial requirements (desirable)
- Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise with colleagues in other functions within the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required.
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 12331AA or alternatively please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.