A highly successful supplier are looking for a Fabric Technologist to join their team. The Fabric Technologist will be working for mid-level customers across all woven, denim, knit and jerseywear.
The responsibilities of the Fabric Technologist will include:
- Conducting risk assessments, identifying and resolving dye faults and advising accordingly
- Monitoring the critical path ensuring deadlines are on track to be met, chasing mills and factories where necessary
- Operate in-house testing, such as for shrinkage, durability and pilling, and uploading onto customers websites
- Suggesting alternative fabrics to the design team, whether to make it more fit for purpose or cost effective
- Proactively keeping up with fabric trends, looking at catwalks and translating this to make it commercial/high street
Fabric Technologist applicants must have experience within a similar role and demonstrate strong communication skills. Experience within sourcing will be beneficial however not essential for this Fabric Technologist role.