A rare opportunity to join a well-established, successful manufacturer of ladies soft separates, smart tailoring and formal outerwear. They are looking to bring on board a Fabric Technologist to work with their impressive customer base of exciting UK premium high street brands and retailers. This Manchester based company are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and proven UK industry experience.
Fabric Technologist - The role:
- Develop an understanding of customers Garment and Trim testing requirements based on their testing Manuals.
- Fabric Development
- Implement testing of fabric and garments at stages of the garment development and manufacturing.
- Guide mills on course of action on challenging fabrics and test standards
- You must agree workable tolerances for fabric performance at product development stage, liaising with the Technical team and the Account Managers throughout.
- Liaison with the customer to agree base performance standards is also required.
- Work with the Fabric Buyer and Account Managers to check bulk submissions.
- You will be required to submit non-conformances on fabric performance to the garment technical team.
- Organise, check and submit bulk Test reports and propose care label details for approval by the customer.
- You must liaise with off-shore Bulk Fabric Inspection Facilities.
- Discuss/negotiate any issues with the fabric mill.
- Problem-solve fabric with pre-emptive risk management, to resolve fabric issues
- Follow ups for Sustainability certifications based on each customers requirement
Fabric Technologist – The Candidate:
- A good awareness of fabric testing requirements and general technical knowledge with strong practical skills.
- Experience of working with woven fabrics and structured and soft tailoring is essential.
- Fabric purchasing experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise with colleagues in other functions within the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of what goes into making a high-quality garment.
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required.
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- You must be analytical and have the ability to produce & interpret fabric testing reports.
- A highly competent understanding of computer/IT systems and software.
- Only candidates with proven UK industry experience will be considered- ideally at least 5 years
- The role is full time and will require the successful candidate to work their office in Manchester
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please send your up to date cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref 12175 PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files more than 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.