Established supplier to UK/European retailers is recruiting for an experienced Fabric Technologist.
A background working in lingerie, intimates or womenswear preferred.
Fabric Technologist – The Job Outline
- In conjunction with the Fabric Technical Manager and Design team agree short and long term priorities in respect of new developments, innovation and improving existing fabric qualities
- Drive newness and innovation across product area through sourcing and knowledge of the latest fabric trends and developments
- Form very close relationships with key customers bringing expertise, influence and knowledge to the development process
- Drive speed and flexibility through supply base
- Work closely with manufacturing units in order to identify suppliers that are responsive, cost effective and allow you to achieve maximum returns through efficiencies in factories.
- · Keep fully informed and up-to-date with any fabric issues and through working directly with key manufacturing personnel put in place suitable action plans to resolve these issues.
Fabric Technologist – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within similar position Fabric Technologist or fabric technical with a knowledge of lingerie/intimates or womenswear.
- Ability to demonstrate warp, weft and woven fabric technical knowledge (including dyeing, finishing and printing) and testing and performance requirements
- Proven experience in developing and sourcing fabrics to meet the design brief and sourcing strategy whilst maximising profitability
- Good understanding of the garment costing process and how this is influenced by the fabric pricing structure.
- Excellent team player adopting a collaborative approach with Design and suppliers, ensuring a technical product which performs and is fit for purpose
- Comprehensive understanding of the critical path management process and the role fabric lead-times in influencing this
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to apply existing fabric technical knowledge and to explore and develop new innovations within lingerie, intimates or womenswear
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Good understanding of the colour management process from lab-dips to bulk approvals
- Competent proficiency in Microsoft Office
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 12315/2AA
- If the email address is not displayed in this advert, please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
- We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
- Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.