Part of a busy product development team, our client is looking to recruit someone with Fabric Technical experience who would be interested in developing their career in a hybrid fabric/garment development opportunity.
Fabric Technologist – The Position:
- Contribute to the raw material and fabric sourcing strategy, driving for innovation, cost savings and enhanced performance and quality.
- Innovate and challenge product and sourcing routes in line in partnership with the design, procurement and commercial teams.
- Ensure that communication with the mills/factories is accurate and timely to aid the control of bulk deliveries and finished garments.
- Proactively engineer and advise technical adjustments to fabric composition and dyeing and finishing processes to drive down costs whilst maintaining products that are fit for purpose.
- Ensure a seamless link with the design and garment teams to enhance product delivery, costing and commerciality.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the progress of all testing, lab dips and bulk fabric for production
- To source and develop fabrics, trims and componentry, negotiate prices as required.
- Manage customer expectations through regular product meetings and reviews. Ensure that all actions have deadlines and build strong working relationships.
- Deliver activities to agreed critical path dates.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with all fabric suppliers.
- Maintain a database of Fabric standards and continuity library.
Fabric Technologist – The Candidate:
- Previous experience within the position of Fabric Technical/Fabric Technologist or similar opportunity – min of 3 years similar experience
- A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European fabric testing standards
- Experience of working with a variety of different fabric bases, jersey and woven, preferably outerwear.
- Ability to self-manage and implement standards, processes and systems and take on levels of responsibilities
- Experience of fabric sourcing, and fabric negotiations.
- Knowledge of latest fabric/textile development innovation and technology
- Understanding of how raw materials impact pricing and quality of finished products
- Confident communicator, able to across functions and liaise with stakeholders
- Ability to manage numerous and varied projects simultaneously
- Experience in setting up and manage fabric libraries, both physical and system wise
- A team-player with excellent coordination
- High level of attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally as required by the business
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11724 AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.