We are delighted to be working with this international vintage fashion wholesaler who globally source trend-led vintage clothing for a variety of customers including high street retailers, fashion brands, boutiques and stylists. A key part of their business is the production of sustainable fast fashion through reworking and creating new styles from vintage garments which sell into some of the best known names on the high street. This area of the business is rapidly expanding and they are now looking for a hands-on Factory Manager.
As Factory Manager you will manage your team of production and sample machinists and report directly to the Chief Operations Officer. As the business grows they are striving to ensure that the family-feel of the organisation is maintained; the team element is a key part of why this is a great place to work and you will be working closely with your colleagues in sales and operations to ensure orders flow smoothly and as efficiently as possible through the factory.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A proven track record in production planning and managing a garment factory
- Wide-ranging multi-product technical construction knowledge
- Excellent leadership, training and mentoring skills to develop your team
- A strategic mindset with strong commercial understanding
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
- The ambition to drive the business forward together with your colleagues
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to be part of a hugely successful fresh approach to producing fast fashion made right here in the UK, and work for an ethical employer who are currently processing over 400 tonnes of vintage clothing a year which otherwise would have been destined for landfill.
The position offers a good salary package which is negotiable dependent on experience, and the opportunity to join an inspiring and friendly team within a lovely working environment.
A full job description will be discussed with successful applicants.
Competitive salary negotiable DOE