Our Client, one of the UK’s leading Fast Fashion, high street retailers is looking to recruit a Footwear Technologist to join the Womenswear Technical team looking after Ladies Footwear.
Reporting to the Senior Technologist you will be working in the lively environment of Design and Buying, our Technologists work closely with the Buyers and Designers of various departments developing product from the initial design concept through to production.
In this role, you will:
• Drive consistency in fit and quality across one of our most high profile departments
• Work closely with the buying and design team, advising on fit, construction and safety issues
• Communicate regularly with suppliers
• Focus continually on product improvement, ensuring that faulty returns are minimised
• Manage the fit and advise on amendments throughout the development process
• Manage the risk assessment, test reports and product approval process
• Manage suppliers – play a key part in their assessments and development
• Conduct projects aimed at identifying opportunities to improve product value and performance
For this role:
• A relevant degree-level qualification would be beneficial
• Experience working on Womenswear Footwear
• Excellent skills with experience in a retail or supplier environment
• Strong construction knowledge.
• Experience in managing test reports
• Experience of working with overseas suppliers and factories
• Strong IT skills,
• Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• A confident decision maker
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Up to £45,000