Our Client is a leading fast fashion High Street Retailer working in a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment.
The opportunity is within the Technical Services team for a Footwear Technologist, and looking for candidates who ideally has solid experience in Footwear.
As a Footwear Technologist you will be working closely with the Buying teams and our Suppliers to maintain and further improve all aspects of product quality assurance and the development of product.
Key responsibilities include:
• Establishing Brand quality requirements
• Translate fashion into workable footwear constructions
• Approving and analysing test reports
• Evaluating and assessing factories’ capabilities in both quality and CSR
• Develop suppliers to become strategic partners to the brand
• Evaluating & fitting Sealing & pre-production samples
• Working with the Buying and Design team in preparation of new styles
• Reviewing product fit and performance against the competition
Experience & skills
: • Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of shoe fit & construction
• Possess multi-product knowledge
• Possess good manufacturing knowledge
• Understanding and experience with chemical compliance
• Have off shore travel experience
• Last Development
• Have experience of quality assurance in a retail company
• Be able to proactively identify and analyse problems and propose commercial solutions
• Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
• Have the ability to work under their own initiative and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Footwear legislation experience & knowledge