As Garment Technologist for Men’s Tailoring (mainly suits), you will be responsible for leading the sampling and sealing process ensuring the quality and fit of customer samples for brands including Topman, Burton, F&F and Zalando for one of the UK’s leading garment manufacturers. Reporting into the Head of Technical you will be working in a team of 4, managing fit meetings and customer expectations requiring quick thinking, confidence and expertise in men’s tailoring with a minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Work closely with the design team to create initial technical packs.
- Risk assess styles for fit, cut and fabric suitability making recommendations as required.
- Work cross functionally with the fabric tech team in the UK and China.
- Oversee fit samples and seals at all stages from first fit through to production sample.
- Check samples for measurements, quality, construction methods, fabric and labelling and set standards for factories.
- Lead and manage fit meetings with customers managing expectations to ensure costings and margins are maintained.
- Relay fit comments to factories with clear and precise instructions and diagrams if needed.
- Occasional seasonal travel to factories in Cambodia and Vietnam to assess products at Pre-production and Production AQL stage and on customer visits.
- Attend critical path meetings with account managers and work cross-functionally with the head office team.
- Garment Technologist with a proven track record in men’s high street tailoring.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining quality and fit standards with factories.
- Leading the fit and sealing process from initial spec to final production sample.
- Expertise in men’s formal suiting.
- A confident, enthusiastic, proactive individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels from factory workers to senior management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of machine, fuse and pattern processes.
£35-40+ excellent benefits