Salary £20,000 - £25,000
This multichannel, multi-product ladieswear fashion retailer is looking for a hard working Garment Technologist to join a friendly, close knit team.
Stylish multi-product womenswear, ranging from every day wardrobe staples to gorgeous occassionwear, plus cosy nightwear to comfortable activewear... And everything in between! This is a really varied and hands-on position to work across a broad and exciting range of garments and fabrications.
The successful candidate will become part of a small but perfectly formed technical team within this well-established retailer. They will attend in-house fit sessions with Designers and accurately record comments. They will also ensure that throughout the sampling process all comments are efficiently passed back to the factories in a clear and concise manner; role will involve working directly with offshore offices and suppliers.
Garment Technologist – The Role:
- Working within a small team of garment technologists team, alongside the Designers
- Conducting daily fit sessions with the design team where comments are made ready to send to various factories.
- Produce clear and concise fit comments with supporting images/diagrams for Suppliers to follow
- Produce size specifications at each stage throughout sampling.
- Work with overseas factories keeping a good relationship with the suppliers.
- When required communicate with the onsite warehouse with regards to specific processing requirements.
- Carry out fabric testing for care label approvals.
- Managing the critical path and high-lighting potential issues in a timely way.
Garment Technologist - The Person:
- I am looking for a Garment Technologist, ideally with minimum of 3+ years’ experience within a textiles/retail background.
- Looking for someone with solid experience within womenswear fashion.
- Experience in working with offshore factories would be beneficial.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11738 KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.