Our client is a premium privately owned business with two successful womenswear brands, selling direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. Product Development and Garment Technology are key components to the success of their fashion collections. They are currently looking for a Garment Technologist to be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the best quality product, that fits beautifully and exceeds customers’ expectations.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Reporting to the Senior Garment Technologist.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and comprehensive tech packs each season turning design vision into quality product with consistent fit.
- Work closely with the London design teams to ensure products are fit for production and factories have all comments and additional information necessary to deliver quality product.
- Take all garments from the initial fit approved size 12 across sizes 6-22. Make any necessary recommendations for amendments.
- Ensure appropriate testing is carried out on new products/trims/fabrics so they are fit for the market they are entering.
- Manage label and packaging process to ensure all are compliant with necessary regulations.
- Work to the company critical path to ensure deadlines are met accordingly.
- Carry out wearer trials on new product developments to ensure they perform correctly and meet quality standards.
- Perform full risk assessments of quality and production issues on every product prior to production, to be handed over to suppliers.
- Assist with the QC process
- Review pre-production samples to ensure they are fit for production. Work closely with suppliers on any problem styles which could affect delivery.
- Check bulk fabrics, photo samples, pre-prod samples and sealers are to technical specifications and perform to care label requirements.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role (a background in high quality women’s wear would be desirable)
- Very knowledgeable regarding technical product construction and legislation including fabrics and clothing production processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of grading, fitting and pattern adjustments.
- Confident computer skills including Excel based workbooks.
- Shows initiative across whole job range.
- Happy to work with a team, moving across tasks when the business needs require it.
- Excellent attention to detail at all times.
- Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills to ensure company deadlines are prioritised, monitored and met.
- Excellent and effective communicator in the spoken and written word, with the ability to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally with suppliers.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.