SikSilk are a British born, multi-site, Scarborough based, rapidly expanding global fashion brand who draw inspiration from top athletes around the world. We are looking to recruit a Garment Technologist reporting to the Head of Design to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded Garment Technologist to join a well established and rapidly growing Athleisure brand based at our head office in Scarborough. Working closely with the design team and factories assuring all work is approved and production runs efficiently and on time.
The role and responsibilities of a Garment Technologist:
- Organise fit sessions and send fit comments to the factory
- Managing comments / approvals process for garments, fabrics and trims and feed back to supply chain.
- Sample measuring, pattern and comments to suppliers.
- Maintaining critical path, chasing relevant info from suppliers and reporting issues.
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of product testing, chase suppliers and report issues.
- Monitor the progress of care-label submissions and approvals.
- Creation and maintenance of size charts and workbooks.
- Chase suppliers for proto, sms, pp samples and pass to the relevant department.
- Complete all admin prep and analytics for any monthly/seasonal meetings.
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory and resolve any queries across the supply chain.
- Travel to the factory for sealing or approval process when required.
- Communicate Warehouse Inspection results to the supplier.
- Follow up on specific quality issues to ensure the problem is corrected and not repeated.
- Ability to travel abroad for short periods.
Essential Skills of a Garment Technologist:
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial experience within a similar garment technologist position or product developer role.
- A solid knowledge of garment construction on a range of fabric bases.
- Previous fabric technical knowledge ideal for requesting lab dips and trims, working with mills/suppliers to request sampling/testing results.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Manage own workload and be a team player.
- Highly competent IT skills
- Confident communication skills, the ability to effectively liaise with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction, garment fitting, pattern awareness
- A firm understanding of creating and grading size specs is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the critical path deadlines
- Full UK driving license essential
The role of Garment Technologist is a full-time permanent role, with a competitive package subject to experience.