A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Garment Technologist to join our team based in the Southampton area, assisting in the creation of new horse and rider wear for LeMieux, one of the fastest growing equestrian and country lifestyle brands in Europe.
Supporting a small design team as a primary technical coordinator, you would manage the fit and technical process from initial sample until delivery handover over Menswear, Womenswear, Childrenswear products. You would be responsible for checking the quality and makeup of the samples across multiple product areas, as well as oversee all aspects of garment fit. You would follow through with overseas factories on comments to be actioned and ensure all products are fit to proceed to full production.
- Assisting in the creation of spec sheets ensuring all technical attributes are correct and well communicated
- Leading fit sessions for Menswear, Womenswear, Childrenswear products and relaying fit comments and amendments to suppliers and keeping all fit records up to date
- Working with Design to create clear technical packs including size specs and any specific construction details ensuring this is well communicated to suppliers
- Updating size specs, writing up and recording comments and data
- Sourcing exciting new fabrics, trims and packaging
- monitoring lab dips & sampling process
- Test report approvals
- maintaining physical sample library & storage
- keeping historic logs and accurate updates of samples status
- Checking of incoming samples for measurement and design discrepancies
- Assisting in Quality Control, checking production / received stock for sizing & fabric consistency and working with the Returns department
- Daily liaison with overseas suppliers ensuring deadlines are met and the critical path stays up to date
- Minimum of 3 years Industry experience in a similar role essential, preferably in sportswear / high street/ country / equestrian wear
- Fashion/Garment Technologist Qualification
- Comprehensive understanding of garment fit and make up and confident in grading and sizing.
- Knowledge of pattern cutting, construction, and manufacturing techniques
- Experience working with overseas factories
- The ability to follow and manage their time according to the critical path
- CAD skills and experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop would be and advantage, as well as Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- A strong communicator with excellent organisation skills
- Flexible attitude to work, with the ability to adjust to the constantly changing needs of the business
- Applicant must be able to take initiative in any given role and be willing to assist where necessary, be it a photo shoot or presentation
- The ability to work alone, on one’s own initiative, as well as within a team and in a fast-paced environment
- An equestrian background and passion for equestrian products and the industry is not essential but would be an advantage
Our brand is defined by unparalleled quality with exceptional value. We strive to be the best and are committed to constantly expanding our garment and product range with a blend of innovation and classic style at the forefront of design with safety, comfort and fashion in mind.
From product development, through sourcing and manufacture to marketing and distribution via multiple sales channels, our employees are passionate and are the driving force behind our success.
With our passion for what we do and exciting plans for the future, there has never been a better time to join LeMieux.