We are recruiting for a Garment Technologist with experience in Knitwear or Jersey to join an established and fast paced business in Leicester supplying to a mix of leading high street brands.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Knitwear, they will be confident and proactive with a strong work ethic. The Garment Technologist will report into the Managing Director, they will be able to work efficiently under pressure and have excellent organisational skills.
Garment Technologist – The Role
- Proactively resolving any issues with fit
- Understanding how different structures affect fit
- Retaining a chronological log of all fit comments and changes with images
- Confidently liaising with customers on a daily basis
- Liaising with Knitwear programmers and advising on alterations
- Ensuring production is as per sealer
- Creating and sending PowerPoint presentations of new styles to customers
- Attending fit sessions
- Ensuring production samples reach customers in line with the critical path
- Critical path management, ensuring fit comments are processed and chased in accordance with the critical path
- Liaising with customer garment techs to clarify comments and advise what is achievable
- Managing samples from development stage through to production samples and approval
- Tracking customer development and monitoring conversion ratio
- Creating and grading specs and uploading onto customer portals
- Pushing out delivery dates if the customer has not provided comments within the correct time frame
- Liaising with knitwear programmers and providing feedback on fit alterations to garments
- Providing measurements for customer inspo images
Garment Technologist – The Person
- Previous experience as a Garment Technologist is required, preferably with experience working with Knitwear.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Competent using a computer
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A positive can-do attitude
- Cutting skills (preferable but not essential)
- Confident liaising with different teams
- Ability to work well under pressure and to targets
- Overlocking skills (preferable but not essential)
This is a full time role based in the office 5 days a week from Monday – Friday, working hours are 8am – 5pm.
This is a great opportunity that does not want to be missed. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.