A very exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join this online retail giant. Always keeping their finger on the pulse with the latest trends, they are constantly bringing fresh trend driven to the site each week.
The Technical Team are looking for a fashion obsessed, technical minded and communicative individual to join their team as a Garment Technologist.
- Conducting fit sessions in-house and at source, balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers
- Managing and mentoring any direct reports; supporting personal development plans; offering advice and support
- Working regularly at source with suppliers to improve areas of weakness, by reviewing quality/AQL status, offering guidance & training, reviewing on-line quality & conducting pre-shipment AQL inspections
- Analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner line with KPIs
- Liaising with Design, Buying & suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs & improving quality
- Managing the critical path and high-lighting potential issues in a timely way
- Ensuring compliance with fibre composition labelling regulations, product safety & REACH legislation; assessing risk, managing relevant testing; recording & resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns: analysing data & implementing solutions
- Supporting the CSR programme by conducting on-site SEDEX reviews with suppliers
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude
- Delivering continuous improvement and creative solutions
- A technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential, as is a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience of a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow, production control, machinery and equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of fitting and fit issues is essential, and pattern-cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable; knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Thorough understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing
- First-hand experience of the AQL and QC functions, including re-processing
- Understanding of CSR & SEDEX; able to review & discuss audit reports & CAPs
- First-class communication skills; experience of working with different cultures and the challenges this can bring
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; keen to expand skill-set as the role demands
If you think this could be you, please get in touch to discuss email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent on experience
03303 350 195