Our client creates Corporate Clothing solutions for customers in Ireland and U.K. They are a full-service supplier with a reputation for the design and supply of innovative uniforms to a growing number of leading Blue Chip organisations, across a wide range of industry sectors and public services. They now have an opening for a Garment Technologist; based in the historic county of County Tyrone.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, in this key role, you will work from initial garment designs to first fit sample development, all the way through to wearer trials and bulk production. The role will include specification writing, garment construction, garment fitting, grading tables and liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Proven track record in a garment technical role.
- Required to have extensive knowledge of garment construction, fabric technology, patterns and specifications with a thorough understanding of factory methods and production processes.
- Ability to communicate with manufacturers and have an awareness of critical path management.
- Good knowledge of quality control systems and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels.
- Willing to travel to offshore manufacturing locations.
- It would be an advantage to have a knowledge of CSR compliance / ISO / Sedex or similar.
- Driving licence is essential.
- A relevant qualification in clothing/garment technology or related subject.
- A good working knowledge of Adobe and Excel/Word.
Please apply in complete confidence
Competitive salary that depends on expereince