This is an excellent opportunity for technically skilled lingerie professional to join a fast paced, friendly team and to work on beautiful, exquisitely designed product.
My client works with some of the biggest lingerie brands and retailers in the UK and internationally so they are looking for candidates with a proven track record of working on major retail lingerie accounts – either directly for a retailer or with a supplier to one. They are well established and respected within the fashion industry for their excellent attention to detail, in house technical team and ability to supply high volumes of quality garments.
Garment Technologist, Lingerie – The Role:
- Responsible for sample quality & fit.
- Compiling detailed, annotated fit comments with workable suggestions for improving fit, production quality & construction methods.
- Arranging & managing internal fit sessions, booking models as required, taking detailed fit comments to amend patterns or construction methods.
- Attending external fit sessions at all customers as required, taking detailed notes & interpreting fit comments from customers to be relayed to team & factories to amend patterns or construction methods.
- Managing customer expectations for fit quality and critical path timeline, ensuring customer demands are realistic, can be achieved on the production line, and fit approved within agreed critical path timeline.
- Measurement & inspection of seals submitted from factories, recording measurements on spec charts, sharing data with customers & factories as required.
- Checking quality of samples from factory to ensure correct materials, make up methods and patterns have been used and product achieves required standards.
- Organising sample garments for fitting or filing, sending parcels to factories & customers and general sample administration.
- Represent the company on trips to factories, share knowledge and learn from each other.
- Review Customer’s Technical Manuals and ensure that any amendments or updates are relayed to the relevant factories & departments.
- Regular conference/video calls with factories as necessary.
- Share ideas, best practice, sources and information willingly to enable the business to maximize opportunities and improve efficiencies.
Garment Technologist, Lingerie – The Person:
- Solid experience within lingerie within a technical position.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with large volume order for retail customers.
- Strong knowledge of garment specifications, measurement charts, grading increments and sewing construction.
- Experience in fitting.
- Strong organisational & admin skills with ability to process multiple products throughout the lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken & written English.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, PDM/PLM systems an advantage.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11851AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.