An exciting opportunity has come up for a general manager to join a world class sourcing operation in its Bangladesh location. This role is responsible for setting the strategy across sales growth and profitability in the region.
• Providing strong leadership to the territory to achieve the business strategy
• Reporting directly into directors, providing updates on the business including any issues
• Developing a supplier base, and ensure they meet the required standards and targets
• Identify opportunities of growth, looking at product offers and pricing
• Working on profit and loss; developing and implementing strategy
• Manage recruitment, and look at the structure of the office
• Working with merchandising on product offering, identifying for areas of growth, profit, and loss
• Previous experience working within a sourcing office with either a UK or European retailer
• At least 5 years’ experience as a general manager
• Strong business/commercial acumen
• Able to adapt quickly to changes in the retail landscape
• Hands on and able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Act as a mentor to the team, focusing on training and development
• Good product knowledge with experience in multi million turnovers
This is an integral role within the business, and comes with a highly desirable salary. You will also receive an accommodation allowance, transport, flights as well as comprehensive life and medical insurance.