Gerber Pattern Cutter (Luxury Technical)
To implement and maintain a digital pattern cutting/ grading system.
Knowledge and Skills
- To have an excellent knowledge of the Gerber digital system.
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of sizing and fitting.
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of grading.
- To have a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- To action pattern amendments from production fits onwards.
- Active participation in production and pre-production fittings.
- Working closely with Garment Quality Technicians to ensure patterns are production friendly and all relevant information is clear on patterns.
- To take ownership of each seasons allocated styles, whilst also being aware of the collection as a whole.
- To build a strong working relationship with the Creative Pattern Cutters, to ensure that patterns have a consistent clarity of information.
- Ensure that patterns are ‘production friendly’ and are compatibility converted for each factory’s use.
- To ensure pattern measurements are provided for sample pack and production packs.
- To aid in the establishment of ‘signature’ internal construction details.
- Maintaining pattern measurement specifications as well as filling in graded specs for all allocated styles.
- Actioning company grading, the sending out and updating of the critical path for its return.
- Liaising and creating a good relationship with UK, and overseas factories, to resolve any pattern issues that arise.
- Actioning initial sample fabric costings, and production fabric costing as required.
- Actioning factory lay-plans as required.