An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful, dynamic and forward-thinking fashion/apparel business in the garment technical team, you will be passionate about processes, garment construction, fits and be confident communicating as you will deal daily with overseas factories.
Degree in apparel, intimates, or costume is desirable but attitude and a desire to learn is key and all backgrounds will be considered.
Graduate / Trainee Garment Technologist – The Role:
- Work with the design and development teams on new shapes, tech pack and grade rules.
- Work with Garment Technical teams and factories to develop patterns, blocks, and grading
- You will liaise daily with overseas manufacturers and sample makers
- Brief Tech packs and respond to any queries
- Attend meetings with customers
- Create measurement charts and graded specs (excel)
- Log and report samples and sign offs/approvals
- Manage sealing samples and attend fits.
Graduate / Trainee Garment Technologist - The Candidate
- Work Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Knowledge of garment construction preferred
- Confident, clear and professional communicator
- Highly motivated and keen to learn
- Ability to work independently & prioritize workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and organised able to manage timelines and reports
- Excellent IT skills with Excel & Word Knowledge
- CAD knowledge is desirable
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, to – firstname.lastname@example.org. If the e-mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.