This privately owned business has two successful womenswear brands, selling direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. They are now seeking a Creative Artworker/Graphic Designer to join their small team with a flat structure; the design and marketing office is in a relaxed but hard-working environment.
Creative Artworker / Graphic Designer - The Role:
- Catalogue design and layout
- Communication with repro house
- Store graphics, POS, signage, etc.
- Photoshoot support; shoot plans etc.
- Email marketing design/layout
- Web asset preparation: cropping, uploading, page building via CMS
- Web feature page design
We’re looking for a motivated, creative individual seeking to establish themselves as a valued member of a small, very hard-working team of in-house designers. The department is responsible for the print and digital marketing, as well as pre-season preparation, of two women’s fashion brands. From fashion design, to photoshoot, to customer, via catalogues, web, email and social marketing, you will provide graphic design solutions and artworking support every step of the way.
Working with beautifully-shot fashion photography your principal role will be to support the team in presenting each brand in its best light to visually communicate with the customer across three international markets, by way of high quality, thoughtfully designed and error-free printed catalogues and other marketing material. The frequency of the catalogues produced is high, so a balance of considered layout, high quality typography and vigilance is required.
With four new seasons each year, across two brands and multiple output channels, results in a lot of work. The challenges are both creative and technical to balance design and production goals.
You’ll be just metres away from the fashion designers and production teams who bring the collections to life, the merchandising and marketing teams who plan how best to offer those collections, a skilled web and digital team, and of course your fellow design colleagues.
Creative Artworker / Graphic Designer - The Candidate:
- Excellent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and the use of them to create material for both print and web.
- An understanding of GREP is an advantage, and knowing how to leverage scripts for recurring tasks will give you a useful advantage. Technical skills and attention to detail are key aspects of the role, but need to be complemented by a strong eye for design and composition.
- Previous experience in a professional creative artworking or junior designer role in a similar environment.
- A concerted effort to align with each brand’s aesthetic and visual language is essential.
- Collaboration is an integral part of the role, so a desire to work as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
- Great communication skills, highly motivated and proactive.
- Prepared to work extra hours when necessary to meet business needs.
- Quality is at the core of what they do so their standards are high. You will be expected to be onboard with that mindset and demonstrate this through care and attention to detail in everything you produce.
Creative Artworker / Graphic Designer - The Package:
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you are consenting to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.