Exciting new opportunity for a Group Merchandiser with experience of creating a plan for stocked products, managing ‘never out of stock’ and OTIF, and in analysing historic sales patterns and future trends.
You will oversee the day to running of the stock and trade for multi-channel and contribute to top line planning and strategy for a portfolio of brands.
If you are looking for something different within merchandising, and a position in which you can make a real difference, and add value to multiple areas within this heritage business with own manufacturing, this could be the job for you!.
Group Merchandiser – The Job Outline
- To monitor sales & stock on a weekly basis and to ensure these are within agreed parameters.
- To collaborate with the Commercial Team, develop, and deliver a comprehensive buying/stockholding strategy, providing analytics to support decisions to ensure that it meets customer needs, identifies opportunities and risk, whilst protecting profit and margin.
- Identify market & key trends to understand category requirements, collaborating with the Commercial Team.
- Support the Commercial Team to provide accurate sales forecasts to identify stock requirements
- Manage the repeat ordering of all product lines
- Monitor and forecast stock and sales performance against budget
- Update actualised sales and prepare monthly re-forecasts with your senior management team.
- Liaise with commercial sales/marketing/design for promotional activity and catalogues etc to ensure stock is available to support these initiatives.
- Analyse historic sales patterns/future trends to assist in ensuring stock is always available for all channels, to maximise sales
- Processing the concessions for inhouse brand each week
- Keep abreast of cancellation dates to ensure production will be on time.
- Review dynamically areas which have fallen below model stock level to the Production team, to identify if an additional order should be placed to top up the stock. Discuss and agree.
Group Merchandiser – The Person Specification
- Ideal applicant will have 3+ years’ experience as an Assistant Merchandiser or above (retail/ecommerce)
- Experience of multichannel merchandising from within fashion or home textiles related
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise tasks and highly attentive to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Excellent MS office and advanced Excel skills are essential.
- A knowledge of NAV-VISION or similar ERP system would be advantageous.
- Analytical, to identify, collate and present data with good commercial decision making abilities
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference:12405AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.