Hard Accessories Designer for Sports/Performancewear
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking Hard Accessories Designer or perhaps a Technical Footwear Designer to join a rapidly growing, exciting sports and performance business, to design across some really exciting products.
If successful in the role you would ideally be working across technical footwear, gloves, bags or even ‘internal armour’ for performance apparel. If you have covered a 1 or 2 of these products but not all I would still love to hear from you, as this is a NEW position and adaptable to the person.
This opportunity would suit a someone driven and outgoing, with a genuine love of the ‘great outdoors’, sports or motorsports. This role is within a fun, friendly company that value their staff and offer the chance for you to make your mark and be an integral part of the team. Lots of opportunity to travel.
Hard Accessories Designer (for Sportswear/Performancewear) - The Role:
- Creating with new ideas for performance footwear and hard accessories.
- Creating mood/ inspiration boards
- Design detailed, precise, technical CAD designs
- Working to strict safety and CE testing requirements.
- Working closely with internal apparel designers as well as with offshore factories.
- Also creating new, inventive POS materials (tags, swing tickets, hanger sleeves etc)
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends in performancewear, motor sports and cycling apparel, as well as general trends relating to performance fabrics, colours and shapes.
- Planning and developing multi product ranges.
- Assisting with the sourcing and selecting of specialist fabrics, trims and fastenings.
- Travelling to factories (predominately in Pakistan) to continue close work with suppliers.
Hard Accessories Designer (for Sportswear/Performancewear) – The Person:
- Ideal candidate will have experience designing technical sporting/performance wear accessories AND/OR footwear – both would be the ideal.
- Excellent CAD skills are essential
- Must have experience working with specialist performance fabrics and protective accessories or apparel
- A genuine personal interest in outdoor sports or the outdoors in general is a bonus.
- This person must be able to come up with new ideas and ways of working – a ‘think outside the box’ approach is required.
- Candidate must be adaptable and open to change
- We are open on level of experience, though ideally minimum of 3+ years within this sort of design capacity. Applications will only be accepted with portfolios.
- Candidate must have a valid passport and be happy to travel as required internationally.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 11686 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.