An amazing opportunity has become available for this highly rewarding and successful retailer, who are looking for a Head of Buying to join their team. The Head of Buying will create and develop the product strategies for the departments, ensuring ranges serve the values of the company.
The responsibilities of the Head of Buying will include:
- Growing and maintaining strong working relationships with the suppliers
- Building clear strategies looking at historical sales, economic and market conditions
- Effectively communicating the strategies to the Buying & Merchandising teams
- Developing and executing a sourcing plan, finding the balance between maximising margins with the flexibility to respond to changing market trends
- Researching into competitors
- Managing the Buying team and their range building, in order to meet deadlines and margin targets
- Setting intentions and targets with their direct reports, providing feedback and advise to optimise their work performance, and offering support and reward
In the ideal candidate for the Head of Buying role, the company are looking for someone who has:
- Managed and lead a Buying team previously in a Senior role
- Experience with both branded and own buy development
- Sourced products internationally
- Strong negotiating skills
- Admirable presentation skills
Experience Buying within homewares category is essential.
This position for Head of Buying is commutable from areas of Yorkshire and may offer flexibility with working from home for the right candidate.