A fantastic opportunity has become arisen for a Head of Buying to join this high street retailer. The Head of Buying will become an integral member of the womenswear division.
The focus of the Head of Buying will be to ensure that the Buying team and themselves source and develop quality ranges, within budgets, that will drive the business growth and profit.
The other duties of the Head of Buying will be:
- Create and instil a buying strategy
- Work closely with the other in-house teams so everybody is cohesive to building the ranges that are fitting with the ‘handwriting’
- Follow through the sign off process, in line with the critical path and planning cycle
- Work with other senior members of staff to identify risks and opportunities
- Hold suppliers and trend meetings
- Identify promotional opportunities
As a leadership role, the Head of Buying must have experience managing a team and demonstrate methods to maintain their teams motivation so they therefore reach KPI’s.
The Head of Buying will report directly into the Buying Director and will be the link between the Buying Director and wider Buying team.