Would you like to pursue a leadership career within emerging markets? Our client is a large and successful retailer in Asia with over 400 stores and a growing online presence! Their vision is to bring European high street fashion to the emerging markets and as a result they have embarked on a recruitment drive to hire senior professionals with buying and design experience within the UK and European high street to come and work in Asia as expats.
As part of the core leadership team, the Head of Buying for womenswear will be responsible for leading and growing the ‘on trend’ womens’ westernwear division. You will be responsible for developing, sourcing and delivering a commercially focused range, whilst driving profit , enhancing the brand position and delivering ‘buying excellence’. This will be based in the city of Bangalore in India.
Head of Buying –Womenswear- The Role:
- To develop and deliver a divisional Buying strategy;
- Responsibility for identifying and setting a standard of excellence and best practice for buyers to strive for;
- Drives regular departmental product reviews, ensuring coordination across departments in terms of themes, looks and colour palettes;
- Responsibility for ensuring that the product reflects the brand strategy and that the range development is without gaps or duplication
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining an in-depth, customer focused knowledge of varying markets and trends;
- Establishes key relationship with Design and QA, in order to actively develop brand "handwriting? and communicate key product direction and trends;
- Ensures that the correct level of newness/fashionability is present, and that volume lines are maximised and „moved on? at the appropriate time;
- Works with Senior Buyers to analyse supply base, in order to identify risks and opportunities and to develop solutions and/or make recommendation as appropriate.
- Leading, managing and motivating teams to achieve all Company and divisional KPI?s;
- Attend commercial & trading meetings as required;
- Analyse trading patterns and takes responsibility for communicating findings to the team
- Works in conjunction with the merchandising team to monitor and control trade, in order to ensure stock turn, margin targets and profit levels are achieved;
- Reacts to trade on an on-going basis to maximise sales and limit risk to the business;
- Meet agreed deadlines for the Visual Merchandising calendar.
Head of Buying – Womenswear: The Candidate:
- Strong experience as a buying manager/leader of multi-product womenswear categories within the value sector
- The ideal candidate needs to already be operating at management level and have a strong career in buying across multiple product categories within ladieswear
- Critical path management and margin optimisation
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods
- Negotiation/influencing skills
- Experience in budget & project management
- Effective people management, team building and strong communication skills
- Confident presentations skills with excellent attention to detail
What is on offer:
Our client is generous and is willing to offer a more than competitive expat package to the right candidate who will commit to this position.
Bangalore, in India is a large metropolitan and cosmopolitan city with all major global brands and businesses based there. It is an expat friendly city with plenty of lifestyle options. The office is based in central Bangalore, right in the heart of the city. Quality of life as an expat in Bangalore is great, with access to a lush pad, house help, chauffeur driven car and a great salary.
Please apply in confidence.
Expat package with generous benefits, better than industry average