The Head of Collection Development & Production is responsible for ensuring all RTW, Runway and bespoke development samples and production achieve critical path, delivery, margin and quality expectations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6 years experience in luxury fashion specialising in the production and product development of Men’s and Women’s RTW, Runway, VIP and bespoke fashion collections and be well connected with luxury factories and mills.
- Create, maintain and manage the seasonal critical path for development and production.
- Manage and track all aspects of the development and production budget.
- Research and connect with new suppliers aligned with the brand’s aesthetic and standards as required.
- Negotiation with suppliers to achieve margin requirements.
- Allocate styles to factories based on manufacturing capabilities and price targets.
- Assess CMT v's fully factored, currently working predominantly with CMT factories in Italy and Europe and in India for fully embellished styles.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Follow the development of mid to high complexity styles from initial prototype launch and allocation to suitable factories through to production sign off.
- Oversee the sourcing and development of raw materials with the team working with a wide range of luxury mills with a focus on margin and delivery.
- Tracking of raw materials, adhering to the seasonal calendar, ensuring all orders are placed and received within the correct time frame.
- Ensure the accurate input of all style and product information into Zedonk including codes, prices, lead times, etc.
- Maintain excellent production quality standards.
- Achieve incentivised seasonal targets for delivery, quality and margin.
- Monitor sample development and production progress, maintaining daily communication with suppliers throughout.
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement from show samples to production.
- Ensure development samples achieve the critical path deadlines.
- Launch and oversee the production of all VIP, bespoke client orders and special projects.
- Manage, train and mentor team members encouraging a high level of consistency, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Build and maintain positive professional working relationships with suppliers, exceeding brand expectations.
- Oversee quality control, shipping and logistics with the team.
- Identify and implement efficient systems and processes.
- Evolve the product development and production strategy in line with business growth.
Measures of Success:
- Collection delivery achieving margin, quality and delivery expectations.
- Achievement of critical path milestones especially sealing dates ensuring the end-to-end critical path runs to schedule.
- Excellence in fit and quality.
- Maintaining and building excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Positive team management, nurturing, empowering, leading by example.
- A minimum of 6 years product development and production experience in luxury fashion, at least 3 years in a management role.
- Expertise ideally in both Men’s and Women’s Ready-to-Wear.
- Established network of luxury factories, agents, suppliers and mills.
- Experience in the sourcing and development of luxury raw materials.
- Exceptional organisation skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritise.
- Proven track record delivering against margins, quality, price and delivery targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and finishing.
- Committed to achieving exceptional quality.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Committed to promoting a strong team spirit in line with brand expectations.
- Effective team manager, leading by example demonstrating a positive and nurturing management style.
- Software proficiency in Zedonk and MS Office.