Head of Design - Womenswear
We have a great opportunity for a Head of Design Womenswear to join a well-known and established historic British brand. Based in Central London, working as part of a close knit team, you'll enjoy a busy, rewarding and fulfilling role with wide ranging responsibility and involvement in helping grow the iconic British brand a and portfolio of other subsidiary brands.
• Creation of initial trend/story boards with colour palettes in conjunction with Buying team
• Re-interpretation and development of inspirational samples
• Creation of Technical garment specification drawings for buyers Far East packs, working closely with the QA department on technical drawings with measurement tables.
• Use of CAD for the creation of original graphic artwork, product development, print designs and graphics. Technical design – including trims, panels and stitching detail
• Responsible for auditing and monitoring current freelance design provision (forecasting and technical) to provide the optimum design service possible within pre-determined budgetary constraints.
• Selected travel to relevant Fashion and Trade shows, including ideas sketching whilst on trip, identify key concepts and direction, key/hot Brands reporting.
• Aid Heads of Buying in departmental range coordination, building upon brand strategy and raising brand awareness
• The ideal candidate will be a leader with experience in managing design teams
• You will be highly aware of the market, trends and competition
• You will be well aware of different industry trends across all product areas, mainly womenswear.
• You will be a strong and commercial personality with vision to drive the creative strategy of the business.
• You are proactive approachable and professional and have excellent interpersonal skills to represent the brand to outside partners and suppliers in a way that will build a strong long lasting relationships