We are delighted to be supporting our client who is looking for a Head of Merchandising to join their team. They are the UK’s bestselling organic clothing brand. The company is over 15 years old and continues to grow at 25% every year.
With a strong background and extensive Merchandise Planning experience, you will be equipped and ready to lead the merchandise function of the brand. Having operated at a similar level in a related business (preferably multi-channel and multi-market), you’ll play a key role in growing the business further. You’ll be highly analytical, have fantastic leadership and management skills and be an excellent communicator. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate, credible, experienced and dynamic individual to join a fast growing business where the sky’s the limit!
The role in a nutshell
You will shape the Groups Merchandising strategy in the UK and globally. You will lead and drive merchandising for the Consumer and Trade channels, including building product assortments that meet the financial targets of the business. You will deliver across a diverse retail framework a consistent approach for the individual brands which maximises commercial opportunity. You will identify risks to sales, margin and inventory levels and opportunities for revenue and margin growth. You will propose and execute mitigation/incremental activity to remain on target across all KPIs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with Finance Director and Commercial Director, to define, monitor and deliver the Consumer and Trade revenue and NAM budgets for each year.
- Execute forward financial KPI planning including OTB.
- Develop an annual strategic merchandising plan including option plan and mix, margins and price architecture.
- Work with Design and Buying to create and execute balanced and profitable product assortments.
- Work with Commercial Director on future product assortment across the key channels. Identify needs of global business units and ensure demand is met.
- Work with direct team to analyse and report on business performance and trends (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonally).
- Maintain analysis of assortment planning, in-season analysis and post-season deep dives to ensure lessons learnt for future strategy.
- Develop and enhance analysis functions.
- Work closely with Web team and Marketing to initiate and develop actionable promotional calendar.
- Deliver effective stock management, improving stock-turn for the whole business.
- Liaise with Production to ensure maximum availability at launch and availability by style within each stock-pool throughout the season (both UK and European 3PL).
- Extensive proven experience in a Merchandise Planning capacity in a related business, operating at a similar level.
- Experience within the apparel industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Multi-channel and multi-market experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to draw insight and recommendations from large volumes of data, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to communicate at executive level.
- Excellent product sensibility.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for the business.
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Solid IT skills, with advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to learn in-house systems quickly
What’s in it for you?
Remote working but flexible to travel a couple of times a month to Cornwall, competitive salary, amazing career progression, strong support from the business plus lots of extra amazing benefits.
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted